Monday, October 6, 2008

Happiness

I'm happy and content and it feels great! I'm not exactly sure why I'm so happy... maybe it's because it is October or maybe it's because it is Fall. I love the month of October because it's the start of the holiday season. Halloween is always fun, then there's Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. Fall is probably my favorite season overall. I love the crispness of the air, I love seeing my breath but not freezing, I love being able to wear flip flops and a light jacket, I love seeing the leaves change colors and fall. *sigh* It's not too hot and not too cold. I just love it!

Or maybe I'm happy because General Conference was so amazing this past weekend. Chad and I were lucky enough to actually be able to attend General Conference at the Conference Center in Salt Lake. I've never done that before.

We went to the Saturday afternoon session and ended up sitting on the main floor directly in front of the pulpit about halfway back. It was a great view! One of the coolest moments had to be when the First Presidency walked in. Beforehand everyone was talking and doing their own thing, but the moment they walked in it became dead silent. You could have heard a pin drop. It was awesome to be there and be that close to the Prophet. The spirit was amazing.


I feel so blessed to live in a time when we have a Prophet and get to hear the Lord's council on a consistent basis. Listening to Conference made me feel so blessed for all that I have... my wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally and always tells me that I am beautiful, my husband's and my family and their love, a nice place to live, the opportunity for both of us to be able to get a good education, enough money to cover our needs and some of our wants, time to spend with each other, a beautiful country to live in, good jobs, the Gospel, the ability to pray to Heavenly Father, knowledge that God knows the big picture... my list could go on and on.

Yay for being so happy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I love fall too. I love the rain and the changing colors.

It’s a neat experience to be able to see the prophet. When LDSBC was dedicated President Hinckley was there dedicating the school and there was that same pin-drop silence. I felt so content with life. It was an awesome feeling.