Friday, October 24, 2008

Chad and I were crazy enough to go to the Haunted Forest that is in American Fork a few nights ago. We actually went through both Psycho Manor and the Haunted Forest. Having never been to anything like this before I had no idea what to expect. Let me share a bit of my experience with you...

Psycho Manor was freaky just because it was inside a building and you felt like there was no escape. There was some crazy lady who I thought was tied to a chair... apparently not. As I walked past her I felt something behind me and when I turned around she was literally in my face. Holy cow. I about peed my pants. Some parts of Psycho Manor were completely dark so you had to feel your way around which got scary, especially when you touched something that moved. The worst part was at the end where there was this giant balloon, blow-up thing leading to the only way out. The air pressure made the sides press against you and it felt like you were being sent through a clothes wringer...

...except that the two metal rollers stand upright rather than lay on their side. Definitely not cool for claustrophobic people.

Then there was the Haunted Forest. This was my favorite of the two although I think it scared me more than Psycho Manor. Pretty much everyone knows that there are guys with chainsaws in there. Knowing that you would think you wouldn't get scared of them. However, when you don't see them and suddenly you hear someone breathing behind you and then hear a chainsaw start, the first thing you don't want to see when you turn around is the chainsaw directly in your face. That kinda freaked me out and so I turned around and started walking really fast which the crazy guy did too. So I started to run and then a creepy guy with a lawn mower started to chase me. Yeah, not cool guys.

There were two other really scary parts: 1) The caves - there were probably 3-4 caves throughout the Haunted Forest. The reason I thought they were so scary was because there was no way out, you were closed in. Not that there was any way out when you were walking around the forest, but at least I could have tried to fly up if things got too scary. :) and 2) Not knowing when it would end. The forest went on and on and on so you had no idea how much longer you had to be scared out of your mind.

Aside from the scary moments and the insanely huge amounts of adrenaline that were pumping through our bodies, Chad and I had a lot of fun. Will we ever go again... maybe, but only if it is daylight outside. ;)

Proof that we weren't too traumatized... our "scary" faces.

No comments: