Monday, October 27, 2008

Almost 23!

My 23rd birthday is tomorrow, but because both Chad and I are working that evening we decided to celebrate my birthday yesterday. We opened presents (Chad did a very good job picking them out) which included a $60 dollar gift card to Famous Footwear to buy some shoes that I have been wanting, "Chad coupons," a $25 gift certificate to get a pedicure (so excited!), and the Children's Songbook on cd. Chad also made me a delicious dinner and cake. For dinner we had steak, creamy mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and sparkling red grape juice. So yummy! Chad even did the dishes after we were done so I didn't have to do anything. :) Chad made the cake all by himself and it was pretty good... it was even decorated for a girl! In talking to Chad later I discovered that he had wanted to decorate it with cars and racetracks but decided not to because it was my cake and not his. Lol.

I just noticed that there are only 12 candles in the picture... is Chad trying to tell me there are already too many candles to put on my cake?! I'm not that old. ;)

1 comment:

Nicki said...

My only question is... what were the "Chad coupons" for?

... JUST KIDDING! I don't want to know. Really. I'm married too.

Thanks for coming by and for the super cute outfit for Owen. He'll be tanning for the next couple days... poor boy. We got some goggles for him though, so hopefully he'll be ok. Anywho. Happy birthday tomorrow. :)