Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Irritated

Yesterday I had a Dr's appointment and one of the first things the Dr told me was that I had failed. (He thought he was being funny because Chad and I are still students.) I was thinking, Failed... failed... failed what? That's when I remembered that I was waiting for the results of my gestational diabetes screening. Oh joy. I had to remind myself that this wasn't a test to see if you have gestational diabetes, but rather a screening to rule out those they knew for sure didn't have it. The Dr showed me the numbers and I found that I was barely over where I should be. Since I didn't pass he told me that I was going to have to go in and do a three hour long test. This morning I went in to the Student Health Center at 7:40am - remember, I had to have been fasting since dinner the night before - and started the dreaded test. I ended up drinking a really nasty tasting glucose filled liquid and then had my blood drawn four times over the course of three hours. Yes, four times and yes, I still hate needles. I find out on Friday whether or not I passed the test...

I also found out at my Dr's appointment yesterday that my iron level is still too low. It is a little lower than last time, but not as low as it would have been had I not been taking iron supplements. Despite this my Dr said I need to start taking two iron supplements a day, one in the morning and one at dinner. Joy, my stomach is sure going to love that. So even though things are going really well and I should be happy that we haven't had any major problems/complications during the pregnancy I still left the Dr's office crying. I'm such a baby.

No comments: