Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Speaking of snakes...

...I held a one today. Seriously. My
science teacher breeds snakes and
brought in six of her male pythons
this morning. After she spent 20
minutes telling us about how deadly
snakes can be and showing us
pictures like this one (see the
picture on the right) she pulled out
her snakes and just handed them to
us. YIKES!

I never thought I would actually hold a snake, I mean everyone knows they are slimy and gross. But really they weren't slimy and not as scary as you think. The one I am holding here is an albino python and if you look closely you can see his pink eyes. Apparently they are really rare and hard to get. I also held another snake, an adult that was about four inches in diameter. He was a little scarier than the albino python because you could feel his muscles constrict each time he moved. It made me think of what it would feel like to be squeezed to death my a snake. Hmm...

1 comment:

Shayla said...

I can't believe you are holding a snake. Crazy.