Monday, July 8, 2013

Final Photos from Provo

If you didn't already know, we recently moved from Provo to West Jordan to be closer to Chad's work. It has been a bitter sweet move for me - I'm still trying to figure out life here and I don't really feel at home yet. I've been reflecting a lot lately on the last 4 1/2 years of our life and each time I do I get choked up and teary eyed. In Provo we had a routine, a groove, a fun life, great friends, and a wonderful ward. I know it'll take time to find that, but part of me feels like by the time I have it all figured out we'll be moving again. *sigh* The move is a good thing and we felt that it was right, but it still makes me sad from time to time.

Anyway, enough of the self pity. Here are the final pictures we took before officially leaving Provo.

We went with some good friends of ours to Discovery Park. No joke, this park is huge and little kid heaven. This picture doesn't do it justice. It extends way beyond each side of the picture and is much further back too. We lived only 20 minutes away for 4 1/2 years and never went. I knew it existed, but just never thought to take the kids there. Sad.

 Cayden and Laura in one of the many little beehives at the park.

Laura was crawling around exploring and ended up in this tiny little hole. See how close the top is to her head?

Tiny little hole. I was glad she came out herself because I didn't want to have to drag my pregnant self in to get her.

Cute kids enjoying the tire swing.

We had dinner with Jake and Katie (my cousin and his wife) before we left. Laura found some pretties and wore them around all night.

Laura thought it was funny to eat her cheese and leave it hanging out of her mouth. I just thought it looked gross. Doesn't she just look so proud of herself?

At Laura's 15 month check-up she discovered that she could open and close the door by herself. Oh joy.

So proud. Isn't she the cutest naked baby ever?!

Just a few nights before we moved Laura managed to hit her head on some door hinges. We thought she might have to get some stitches at first, but a butterfly bandage did the trick. Now Laura is sporting a little scar; I bet her future husband will be impressed. ;)

While moving we stayed with Chad's parents for a few nights. Cayden really enjoyed reading bedtime scripture stories with Grandpa each night.

No comments: