Friday, November 5, 2010

Time Capsule

Way back in the year 2000 when I was 14 years old and in Young Women's we had this really fun activity where we made time capsules that we were to open during the year 2010 on our birthday. While visiting my family this summer I re-discovered this time capsule and brought it home with me so that I could open it on my upcoming birthday.

I'm not gonna lie. Some of the contents made me laugh so hard and some were really sweet. Though the one thing that stuck out the most to me was that I was totally a 14 year old girl when I made the time capsule. :) Enjoy!

My time capsule.
* Painted yellow which was and still is my favorite color.
* Has tons of pictures of things I liked such as... makeup, animal slippers, diamond rings, and Elmo?

The contents.
* A "What Does It Cost?" sheet. Apparently I need to travel back in time each time I want to fill up my car as gas was only $1.21/gallon.
* Ticket stubs from plays/sporting events I went to.
* Pictures of Nicki and I. By the way Nicki... we look so young!
* A Young Women's pamphlet with the values and theme. (Both of which have changed since then.)
* A questionnaire that I filled out. This seriously had me rolling as I read it! Why? One example... My favorite birthday was when I turned 14 because I could go to Stake dances. LOL!
* Letters from both of my parents and Nicki.
* A mission statement from yours truly about the type of person I hoped I would be in ten years.
* Laura's rose.
* My handkerchief and recommend from the Palmyra Temple dedication.

No comments: