Monday, November 29, 2010

H - E- Double Hockey Sticks

{I hope you all didn't mind my lovely advertisement post last week. I got 50 free Christmas cards out of it. If you click on the link at the bottom and write a beautiful post of your own, you can too. Yay for free Christmas cards. Since I had no idea how we were going to pay for them this was just perfect.}

***

H - E - double hockey sticks... that is what today has felt like. As far as Monday's go today was definitely a Monday; not a great way to start off the week. By 2pm I wanted to crawl back in bed and start the whole day over. Why was today a 'terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day?' Here's why...

* My workout this morning about killed me. Seriously. I was only halfway though and was already gasping for breath and every muscle in my body felt like it was on fire. Yuck.
* After my workout I heard Rose and Reuben getting in their car outside (Rose and Reuben are the older couple we are renting from). We needed some ice melt a few times this past week and so I went out to see if they could get some. They were actually on their way to get some - yay! As I was walking in the door Rose asked me if I would shovel the driveway (we shovel the driveway, rake the leaves, mow the lawn as part of our rent). It snowed a lot yesterday and we shoveled. Then last night it snowed too... as in like almost nothing. A very, very light dusting on the driveway. Not what I wanted to do, but okay. I was just about to put Cayden down for a nap and hop in the shower, but figured I could quickly shovel the driveway. I put on my jacket and left Cayden inside to play.
* While shoveling I looked up to see Cayden walking down the driveway. Yep, you guessed it; Cayden has figured out how to open doors. Oh joy. I picked him up and told him to stay inside and play while I finished.
* About five minutes later I was done. I put the shovel up and went to open the door. It didn't open. I tried again only to realize that my son had locked me outside. Seriously? Of course I hadn't brought my keys out with me because who honestly takes their keys with them when they go to shovel the driveway. Luckily I had my phone on me and was able to call Chad to come unlock the door. (Any other day I could have just had Rose and Reuben let me in, but remember, they were out buying ice melt.)
* I waited/froze outside for about 25 minutes waiting for Chad to come home. Meanwhile Cayden is inside screaming and turning the door knob trying his best to open the door (he could lock it, but apparently couldn't unlock it). During this time he was also able to make a HUGE mess.
* After rescuing my son and putting him down for a nap I was finally able to shower and start the laundry. Because I started the laundry so much later than I normally do I was doing it clear up until dinner. Fun, fun, fun.

I thought this was the end of the horror, but sadly I was wrong...

* While feeding Cayden lunch he started grunting. No biggie. Except that I quickly realized that this was very juicy sounding poo. I pulled him out of the highchair as fast as I could in an attempt to prevent a blowout... no such luck. I had a poo covered child.
* I cleaned Cayden and got him dressed and then started rinsing his clothes. (I suppose this is the silver lining... because I had started the laundry so much later I had a load that hadn't been started yet. I was able to throw the poo clothes in after rinsing and spraying them. Yay!) As I was cleaning out Cayden's lovely poo clothes I heard a crash and the sound of something shattering. I ran from the kitchen to find Cayden standing over a pile of broken ornaments with an empty box in his hands. At this point I was about to lose it. I took Cayden to his room and left him in his crib for about 20 minutes while I calmed down.

That's why my day has been the day from H - E - double hockey sticks. I am so glad that Cayden is in bed right now. And I'm so glad that tomorrow is a brand new day. Here's hoping that it's better than today was.

2 comments:

m said...

Oh Amber. I'm so sorry. Cayden is so funny. I can't believe he locked you out and then had the nerve to poo himself and break your ornaments. He must know that you reallllllly love him!!
Here's to a fantastic tomorrow. love m

Becky said...

That sounds like a bunch of craziness, there, Amber. But things will be better today, I promise! If they're not, then I owe you cookies. Deal?