Monday, November 1, 2010

I Feel So...

OLD!

My birthday was this past Thursday and I turned 25. I've never really cared how old I was, but for some reason 25 feels really old to me. I mean, I'm only five years away from 30 (which everyone says is over the hill) and according to my brother my life is 1/3 of the way over. Now I understand why year after year my mother continued to turn 29. ;) Though I'm really not that old, turning 25 still seems really weird.

Anyway, Thursday was a pretty regular day... laundry, Cayden was somewhat of a pill, Chad was gone most of the day with work... but we did manage to make it a little special.

Chad came home with these pretty flowers. I really, really like getting flowers.

He also brought home Nicholas Sparks' brand new book (I've only read two of his books and loved them, I've decided that I'm going to have to check out the rest from the library), a heavenly caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (they are seriously divine, and they can't be THAT bad, I mean most of it is apple...), and marshmallow creme (which he claims is from Cayden even though Cayden didn't help pick it out).

All in all the day was pretty great. I got a little spoiled with some surprises and was able to spend some time with two of my favorite people, Chad and Cayden. Love my little family!

1 comment:

Lorna said...

I know how you feel, I just turned 25 this week and all I keep thinking is, "I am sooo OLD!" Why is it that 25 hits us so hard and weird?!?
I am glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday though! Happy late 25th!