Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Colorado Trip: The Zoo

On the coolest day of the week (though it was still ridiculously hot) we went to the Denver Zoo. It has been so long since I have been to the zoo and I forgot how much fun they were. Cayden was pretty tired, but was so enthralled with all the animals that he only took a nap when we stopped for a lunch break. He was so well behaved and couldn't get enough of the animals. It seems that Cayden has three favorite animals... cats (lions, cheetahs - you name a cat, he likes it), bears, and monkeys/gorillas. Cayden was so excited by the gorillas that he was crawling his way out of the stroller and ended up licking the gorilla glass. Eww, I know... I'm still trying to not think about the germs... I so don't get his gorilla obsession.

Some of Cayden's favorite kitties.

I loved how this baby giraffe was eating. Cute.

A relative to the giraffe? Not sure I agree.

Bears!

Going for a ride with Uncle Greg! Poor boy looks a little drugged - he rubbed sunscreen in his eyes making his face and eyes bright red for most of the morning.

This little guy was so cute! He walked down to the water to get a drink and was only a few feet away from us.

Cayden loved these little monkey things.

I made the boys all jump to see how they compared to each other and the animals. Chad and Greg jumped about 10' and Connor was about 8'... I think.

No comments: