Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One of THOSE Days

Yesterday was one of THOSE days...
  • Cayden went to bed at 10pm the night before and woke up at 1:30am and 4:30am. Another night of no sleep.
  • Chad was suppose to spend the morning working on a paper before school, but had to run into work because a retarded someone (they shall remain nameless) forgot their keys to open the store. Yay for another morning where I didn't see my husband.
  • I went to fill Cayden's prescription and was told it would take 30 minutes. Fifty minutes later I finally had the prescription in hand.
  • Cayden slept for 30 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon. He then wanted to go to bed at 6pm and I had to fight to keep him awake for two hours. Nutty boy.
  • I got a sore throat.
  • I decided to help Chad out and start mowing the lawn so that there would be less he had to do when he got home. In the process a lovely tree branch attacked my arm and I now have a beautiful 8" scratch down my arm. It hurts.
  • Cayden decided it would be fun to hold all of his medicine in the back of this throat instead of swallowing it. After 15 minutes of trying to get him to swallow he and I were both sticky (I'm not sure how much actually made it into his stomach). Cayden, just FYI... this new trick isn't very funny.
  • Because Cayden didn't take much of his medicine he ended up spitting up all day. I'm not talking about normal amounts of baby spit, but enough each time to soak through an entire burp rag. During one particular burping Cayden managed to spit all over my shoulder and down my shirt where it puddled in my bra. Yummy.
  • I smelled like spit (from Cayden) and dirt (from mowing the lawn) all day and didn't end up getting a shower until after Cayden went to bed.
  • Instead of getting home at 6:45pm, Chad got home at 7:30pm. Stupid people.
  • Even though he was exhausted, Cayden wouldn't go to bed. It took me over an hour of feeding/rocking to finally get him down.
Here's hoping that today is a lot better!

3 comments:

m said...

Lincoln had been a HORRIBLE spit-up guy. Everything covered/soaked ALL the time. At 4 Lincoln's 4 month appointment, Dr.Fan told us that it is very common in baby boys because their esophagus is immature. It should level out at 4 months. Well, we're at 6 months and it is just leveling out. He rarely spits-up now. I'm so glad that has subsided.
So stick in there. Emily's baby boy is a super spitter too. Blah!

Shayla said...

"Cayden managed to spit all over my shoulder and down my shirt where it puddled in my bra. Yummy."- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- laughing really hard- sorry. I hope today is a much better day. Love you!!

Nicki said...

I hear you with the spit in the bra thing. How in the world do they pick the most uncomfortable spot that they could spit in? Ew. Hope today was better for you.