Monday, March 30, 2009

Just Call me Dr.

There was five minutes left of school today and my kids were cleaning up the classroom and getting ready to leave. (Who would think anything could go wrong...) I was also cleaning up and saw one of my students trip on a chair and fall on the ground. No big deal right? I went back to cleaning and suddenly found the boy who fell standing next to me sobbing. I quickly discovered the reason for his crying. This had broken off of and lodged itself in his knee:


Yep, the tip of a pencil - all the way up to the black line - was stuck inside my kid's knee. Yuck. I was thinking, Tough luck kid. Tell your parents when you get home. It was honestly really disgusting. But, he looked like he was in a lot of pain and I felt bad for him. With my quick problem solving skills (and with the help of a pair of tweezers) I was able to squeeze and pull the pencil tip out of his knee. We cleaned it out and put neosporin and a bandaid on it. He did cry while we were taking it out, but in the end said it felt much better. By the time he left school it was as if nothing had happened.

...

CHECK. I passed the Dr test and now I'm ready to be a mommy. :)

No comments: