Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ridiculous

Two weeks ago I went into the Student Health Center and had blood drawn for the prenatal labs that my doctor requested. (Any of you that know how I handle needles knows that I barely escaped with my life.) But seriously, it wasn't the most fun thing I've ever done. I didn't pass out this time, but they did make me drink some juice and wait around for a bit because apparently I was really pale. Once I left the lab I thought I was done.

A week later I got a phone call from the lab saying that I needed to come back in because they needed to draw more blood. I was thinking, Right. Definitely not going to happen. I was curious as to why they needed more of my blood and was informed that the hospital my blood was sent to accidentally misplaced some of it and didn't have enough to run all the tests my doctor requested. Are you kidding me?! Something like this would only happen to me. I even asked the lady on the phone if they couldn't just use someone else's blood for the tests... she just laughed.

I reluctantly went back into the lab today and am proud to say that once again I survived getting my blood drawn. What a trooper!

1 comment:

MAF said...

The best person I've ever had draw my blood was at the health center - didn't even feel it at all. You better just hope that you don't have to have IV therapy like me, cause that really sucked - and I'm not even afraid of needles. Except for the epidural needle. You do have that to look forward to. But at least you can't see them putting it in.

ps - this is Nicki. I'm too lazy to sign Matt out and myself in.