Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First (and last!) Day Knocking

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to go out and knock with the guys. I was pretty excited to go and was getting anxious as they took their time going about their business. I didn't have any Pinnacle shirts so I sported a Pinnacle hat and was ready to go!

Chad and I knocked together for the most part - I know absolutely nothing about the system and so once I get past pitching the customers I don't have any idea what to say! I am quite proud of myself... we got into a lot of doors and I did a lot of the talking/getting people interested. :) Chad even said that more people were willing to listen and were more interested simply because I was there (I think being a girl has something to do with it). Here is a picture of me knocking on a door... I didn't always look this excited at every door.

We ran into some very interesting people; there are three in particular that I remember distinctly. One was a man who was deaf. If you think door to door selling is hard, try selling something to a deaf guy. He was actually very friendly and nice, but it took three times as long to say something because Chad and I don't know ASL and we had to write everything down! Another was a little boy who I think was a high functioning autistic. He tried so hard to get me to go play video games with him. Lol! The last was a really grumpy woman. We knocked on her door and no matter what we said she kept saying over and over that she wasn't interested. Chad was a bit persistent and she almost slammed the door in our face. Some people make me laugh.

As fun as it was talking to people, I decided not to go back out today. It was ridiculously hot until about 6pm. You had to drink a lot of water to keep yourself from becoming dehydrated - not that I don't like water, but after you drink that much you really have to go to the bathroom which by the way is like a mile away. I decided that laying out in the sun is a much more effective way of sun tanning than walking around knocking doors. :)

1 comment:

Will & Amy said...

Come on, where's the commitment?