Saturday, June 14, 2014

El Fin

Today was Cayden's last day of soccer. I was surprised by how much he enjoyed it. I knew he would have fun, but he looked forward to each practice and game and was sad when one would be cancelled due to weather. Chad and I enjoyed seeing Cayden improve each week, but it meant that for the last two months every Thursday night and every Saturday morning was taken over by soccer. That part wasn't much fun. I'm not looking forward to when I have multiple kids in sports and I play chauffeur all day long.

Individual and team (not complete) pictures taken earlier in the season. Check out Cayden's smile in the team picture; it just about kills me.

Cayden's team, minus one. These kids crack me up. And yes, third from the left looks like he is going to pee his pants.

Goofy boy with his trophy.

Some things about the season that I want to remember... 1) We ordered the smallest size jersey which fit Cayden perfectly. Except for his head. His head is so big I thought we were going to scalp him each time we took his shirt off. 2) His absolute favorite part of soccer was a game called 'Buzzy Bee' that they would play during practice. The kids were bees and had to sting the coach by hitting him with the balls they kicked. Cayden would just laugh and laugh trying to get the coach with his ball. It was pretty cute. 3) Upon finding out that today was his last soccer game Cayden told me that he wanted to be signed up for football next. I was a little concerned about football until he told Chad that he wanted to be signed up for horseshoes. Seriously, horseshoes. What a goober. Love this silly boy of mine.

No comments: