Sunday, June 24, 2012

Their 1st Parade!

Cayden and Laura went to their very first parade yesterday morning - the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days parade. We left the house just after 9, found a place to park and sit about 9:30, and the parade started at 10. Cayden loved the firetrucks, the policemen riding their motorcycles, and the horses. I still don't think he understands why people kept throwing candy at him and I never could really get him to jump up and go after any so the only candy he got is what conveniently fell in his lap. The kids did much better than I thought they would in the hot sun. Cayden sat on his little blanket and just watched and watched and Laura napped most of the time. We ended up leaving around 11:30 even though the parade wasn't over yet as we were all tired, thirsty, and very hot. I think the kids had a lot of fun and I had more fun than I thought I would. I can't wait to take Cayden to another parade and perhaps even a rodeo sometime. :)

Sienna, Cayden and Laura waiting for the parade to start. They were seriously so well behaved!

How Laura spent most of the parade. She reminds me of a little chipmunk or squirrel here with the way she is holding her hands. Sweet girl.


No comments: