Friday, May 29, 2009

Exhausted

My whole body is tired today... brain, arms, legs, tummy, eyes, back. And it is probably all because yesterday I decided to be a good wife.

Reason I am exhausted #1: Chad was doing yard work. To do both the front and backyard usually takes him between 1 1/2 and 2 hours (depending on how long it has been since he last did it). I decided to help him out and while he mowed the lawn I edged the yard. FYI - weed whackers or whatever you want to call them can get very heavy.

Reason I am exhausted #2: Later in the evening we picked up a movie and afterwards Chad decided it would be fun to ride his longboard down to the grocery store to return it and wanted to know if I would come with him. I told him it would probably kill me and after promises that it was only a mile to the store I agreed to do it. Halfway home I turned to Chad and said there was no way that it was only a mile to the grocery store. As we were nearing home (we were actually halfway up the hill our house is on) my legs turned to banana pudding and I walked my bike the rest of the way up the hill. Just because I was curious I looked up how far it was from our house to the grocery store and found that it is actually 1.7 miles. That's one direction... from the house to the grocery store... that doesn't include coming back. My adorable husband who told me that it would be a 2 mile ride max actually ended taking me on a 3.4 mile bike ride!

Two things I learned... my husband is a horrible judge of distance and I need a massage. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol. Well, tell your husband that he is not very nice. And he never was a very good judge of distance. At least you got exercise. Hopefully, baby was okay with all that exercise too. Love ya!

Courtney Lukens said...

Holy cow I don't know how you made it without having Chad pull or push you. I remember trying to walk to the subway which is about that far... I had to call someone to pick me up. I was only like 20 ish weeks ha ha!