Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Two Birthdays

Both of my boys celebrated their birthday recently. Cayden's birthday was packed with activity upon activity while Chad's was more mellow and spread out over a two day period. Regardless, I think both of them felt pretty special and loved.

The first order of business was opening presents. I seriously cannot believe that I have a five year old! How did he get so big?!

 A few of my favorite opening presents pictures. He was so excited about everything.

This is how Grace kept herself entertained while Cayden opened presents. Cute little girl.

Cayden wanted a pinata for his birthday. We went to the party store to pick one out and he picked out a box with a picture on it. Lame. I was hoping for one that actually resembled an object. But I guess the fact that he was happy is all that matters. I love the look of determination on his face in the first picture.

Laura wanted a turn too. She gave it a dinky little whack and one piece of candy came out. She immediately dropped the bat and went to get her candy. She was totally content with that one piece. :)

Cayden's cake. He loved it and I thought it was pretty dang awesome too.

He was so excited about his cake.

Sparklers AND a candle!

Blowing out the candle. (He tried to get the last remaining sparkler too, but didn't have much luck.)

Like I said, this handsome man didn't get celebrated nearly as much as his birthday was on a Sunday. We did presents and cake as a family the day before and on his actual birthday we spent some time with Chad's family. I lucked out with Chad's birthday this year. He wanted an ice cream cake so rather than make my own I cheated and bought a Cold Stone one. And since his birthday fell on Fast Sunday (when the whole extended family gets together for dinner), I didn't have to plan or cook most of his birthday dinner. Chad may not have gotten all the bells and whistles that Cayden got, but I love him just as much and am so lucky to have such an amazing man forever!

No comments: