Thursday, July 31, 2014

Our Ordinary Life

Our life is pretty uneventful by most standards - we spend most of our days at home playing (and fighting), cleaning, cooking - nothing too exciting. As ordinary as our life is, most of the time I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm grateful that I can stay home and focus on raising our kids. They drive me nuts, but they're mine and I love them.

This is how Grace nurses 99% of the time. That foot is always up by her face!

We had corn one night and Gracie decided she needed some too. I'm not sure she got anything, but she sure liked sucking on the corn. Yum, butter.

Cayden, the wannabe Mexican. Yes, his mustache is upside down. Later on during the day the mustache ended up above his eyes. Wish I had a picture of that.

Gracie's new favorite toy is this little car. She tries to climb in (and out) by herself and has very nearly landed on her head doing so.

We made binoculars one day. The kids thought they were the coolest thing!

Cayden was bird watching, Laura was dad watching. :)

Bath time is a favorite around our house. Gracie likes to come visit the big kids after she has already had her bath. Love that little strawberry bum.

All three kiddos in the bath. It was late and they were super dirty.

Gracie's very first pony! It's pretty tiny, but it's there. And that smiley face is dang cute!

Another Lowe's Build and Grow clinic; the kids really like going to them. This time they made Turbo. Unfortunately, one snail was decapitated by the end of the day.

Swimming at Chad's work party. Cayden and Laura loved going down the slide! We tried a new type of floatie-thing on Cayden and he did so well with it (like I've never seen him so comfortable in the water before) that I went out the next day and bought one for him. 

This is what we bought Cayden. It's called a Puddle Jumper. I had never heard of them before, but was sold after seeing Cayden kicking and playing in the water like I've never seen before. Serioulsly the best floatie ever! Can't wait to try it out again!

 Cayden did one session of swimming lessons this summer. I wanted to have him do more, but kinda dropped the ball on that one. Next summer I know what to do and we'll get more lessons in and hopefully see lots of progress. But, even with taking only one session I've noticed that he is a little more confident and willing to get in the water. Baby steps.

Showing off her new skill - pulling up on everything! Her new-found mobility has led to lots and lots of trouble.

No comments: