Saturday, March 29, 2014

Life Update

We've had a lot of fun this past month. I have been trying to spend more time actually playing with the kids and have found that the more I do that the more I actually enjoy it. It's still hard though. It's so easy to tell them to go play with each other while I get some cleaning done or prep dinner so that during naps I get 'me time'. But I've found that by spending more quality time with them and doing those other things while they are napping (or even involving them in it despite how much longer it takes and bigger mess it makes) we are all a little bit happier and there isn't as much yelling going on. Don't get me wrong, I still need and love 'me time'. But just a little more attention is going a long way with these kids of mine.

Here are some of the things we've been up to lately. I've been trying to do a better job at taking pictures to document what we do everyday even though it doesn't seem all that exciting.

Cute kids playing Legos. Sometimes they play and share really well with each other. Other times it's a total flop.

Duplo creations. This has been one of our favorite activities lately. Grace enjoys it too, though she just sucks on the blocks. I'm not as creative as Chad when it comes to building things, but we did make a house with a slide and a rainbow boat that the kids thought was pretty neat.

Playing (and sharing!) with blocks at Grandma and Grandpa's house. 

 And we're back to playing by ourselves because Laura kept knocking down Cayden's towers. She thought it was fun...

Sometimes during naps I decide to snuggle this little girl rather than put her in her crib. She won't stay tiny forever and I love every chance I get to do nothing but hold and love on her.

Bubble beard! Bubbles are also a current favorite. Grace squirms and gasps every time one pops on or near her face. Laura likes to "help" blow the bubbles which actually consists of her literally putting the bubble wand/mix in her mouth and blowing. So gross. Cayden just runs around like a crazy person trying to pop every single bubble.

We finally got the movie Frozen the other week. I'm not kidding when I say that we have watched the movie nearly every day. Literally. The kids love it. I thought these pictures were so cute.

Laura absolutely loves the song 'Let It  Go' and sings what few words she knows every time it comes on.

This picture is actually a few months old, but I found it on my phone a few days ago and died laughing. I have no idea why Grace was so upset. At least she is cute when she cries.

Auntie Rachelle gave the kids the book The Pout Pout Fish for Christmas. Cayden has part of the book memorized, but thinks he is reading it. Here are his mad "reading skills" in all their glory.

We had a BOGO coupon for Jamba Juice so we took the kids there to celebrate Chad's good grades. We got two big smoothies with the purpose of sharing, but Laura claimed one as her own. I think she literally downed 3/4 of that thing.

Grace has quite the tongue. I dare say it's the longest tongue on a baby I've ever seen in my life. And it is always hanging out of her mouth or licking something. She got her hands on this comb and went to town like she was licking a popcicle.

Laura was helping with dinner last Sunday and as I was washing up some of the dishes she decided to eat the mashed potatoes. They were apparently quite good because we had to hide them from her to stop her from eating them.

1 comment:

Krysta said...

They are all so cute. I like Laura singing the song and all three kiddos watching 'Frozen'.

I remember when Brian would "read" too. He had the whole 'Giving Tree' book memorized. Sometimes he would be reciting but on the wrong page. lol. It was cute. He was so happy.