Saturday, December 29, 2012

2,192 Days

That's 6 years.
Plus 2 leap days. :)


***

As each year goes by Chad and I both say to ourselves, Wow! I can't believe __ years has gone by! And we mean it. Every single time. In some respects I feel like Chad and I have been married forever and it's hard to remember what it was like before we were married. But then again, I feel like we're only just beginning and I am so excited to spend the next 60+ years together. I'm grateful, and lucky, I get him forever. Not a day goes by that I don't consider myself lucky to be married to my prince, my best friend, the best husband I could ask for. You were and still are the perfect man for me. When you know, you know. :)

We celebrated our anniversary this year on a much smaller scale than last year, but it was perfect. Time with just Chad, sans kids, is always perfect no matter what we do. This year consisted of dinner at Red Lobster followed by self-inflicted torture... or a ropes course. Whatever you want to call it. I didn't think I was scared of heights (and I wouldn't say I'm terrified), but walking on a thin rope high above the ground tends to make one a little nervous and slightly nauseous. (Or maybe that was because I ate way too much food...)

Love this handsome man!

Kissy face. By the way, it was F R E E Z I N G cold outside.

A view of the ropes course. You walked on the light brown obstacles. Some were thin ropes, others were like railroad tracks... lots of different ways to get your heart racing.

No comments: