Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Wonderful Christmas!

We had such a great time in Colorado for Christmas. Every time I visit Colorado it gets harder and harder to leave. Someday I am going to live there... hopefully sooner rather than later.

I flew out to Colorado about a week before Chad so that I could spend some more time with my family since Chad didn't have very much time off. Leading up to Christmas we kept ourselves busy picking out adorable fabric for our little girl's quilt, making throw pillows for Cayden's new bed, cooking/baking up a storm (seriously, over the course of two days we probably spent close to 10 hours cooking and baking), picking out tile for mom's bathroom makeover (which by the way is going to be beautiful!), wrapping presents, and eating way too much yummy food. The Friday before Christmas Chad made it out and the next day my sister and her husband and baby came. I think it was the first time we have all been together since Chad and I got married.

Christmas was wonderful. It is so much fun to have little kids at Christmas. This was the first year that Cayden really got into it. He doesn't quite get the Santa aspect of Christmas, and that's totally fine with me, but he sure enjoys unwrapping presents and playing with everything inside! He was totally spoiled, both with attention and toys.

Sporting some of his spoils from Christmas... a tent (in the background), a cute new shirt, and McQueen slippers. Oh, and I absolutely love his little smirk!

As for Chad and I, we got spoiled too. We both have wonderful families and are so blessed. Not to wish away the coming year, but I am already looking forward to next Christmas... wonderful time spent with our families, yummy food to eat, and TWO little kids to spoil and love on. I can't wait.

No comments: