Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Banks & Onions

Two completely random and unrelated stories for you today:

Cayden and I went to the bank today to order checks and change some things on an account. It took longer than I expected, but thankfully Cayden was great and spent most of the time playing under the banker's desk. While wrapping up a few things the banker got a phone call from the police asking if everything was ok. ... Who knew that the EMERGENCY/PANIC button was located under the desk!? Silly Cayden.

Around lunchtime yesterday Cayden started screaming and pulling at his ear and saying, "Ear, ow." That's not exactly what you want to hear when your insurance doesn't kick in until October 1st. I was willing to take Cayden in even without the insurance (I mean, I'm not a horrible mother and wasn't going to make him wait it out for 2 1/2 weeks), but decided to see if I could find any sort of homeopathic remedy that might work. That my friends is where the onions come in. Finely grate some onions, stick them in a paper towel, squeeze 2-3 drops in the owie ear... voila! Cayden hasn't complained about or mentioned his ear and it has been 24 hours! Wahoo! We just might have avoided a $400 Dr/prescription bill. *knock on wood* Onions are my new best friend! :)

No comments: