Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Big Boy

{...Not my little baby. *tear*}

Cayden turned the big "18" last week. It's so sad that he's no longer my little baby, but instead my big boy. Perhaps my sister having her little boy has made me nostalgic, but there are times when I really miss my baby.

Today was Cayden's 18 month check-up and needless to say, he is still, well, HUGE. I'm still waiting for this kid to slow down, but there's no sign of that yet.

Height: 34" (90th percentile)
Weight: 34 lbs, 2 oz (100+ percentile)
Head: 50 cm (95th percentile)

***

Here is a list of the words he can say/has said:

"bawl" = ball
"caw" = car
"bad bad"
"nuh nuh" = no no
"mama"
"dada"
"duck"
"shoos" = shoes
"coat"
"mow" = more
"pup" = up
"bye bye"
"titty" = kitty
"uh oh"
"teys" = keys
"doh" = go
"ow"
"coo" = cool
"wow" ...if only you could see the facial expression accompanying this one...
"dahee" = doggy
"mwah"
"mm mm" = yum

***

Cayden also knows almost all of his body parts (hair, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, teeth, tongue, face, hands, feet, bum bum, tummy, belly button, wrinkle pits... aka arm pits) and has a small list of sounds that he enjoys making over and over and over...

"woo" = moo
spitting sound = elephant
"wooh wooh" = woof woof
lips vibrating together, sort of raspberry-esque = car
"ee ee ee" = monkey
"teet teet" = tweet tweet
opening and closing mouth = fish
"tack tack" = quack quack

(I still don't understand how on earth he knows the monkey and elephant sounds when I can't get him to make kitty noises to save my life.)

***

Happy 18 months my little man! Mommy and daddy love you so much!

No comments: