Sunday, January 9, 2011

Babies and Other Tidbits

This past week (Tuesday, I think) my sister Jesseca had her little boy! I am so excited to FINALLY be an Aunt! He was quite the chunker - though not nearly as big as Cayden - weighing in at 8 pounds 2 ounces and 21" long. Cayden and Jaxton are exactly 18 months apart... kinda fun. :)

Jaxton Powell Ahlstrom :)

Cayden loved the baby. He did really well with him too and only got occasionally jealous while I was holding Jaxton.

Cute cousins.

Grandma and her cute grandsons.

In other news, we don't have much going on aside from normal, every day stuff. Oh and dad's school/work/GMAT studying/grad school applications. Chad submitted the last application tonight! *happy dance* Now we just have to transfer transcripts and wait on letters of recommendation, oh, and take the GMAT one last time.

And just for my mom's sake, here are some pictures of what we've been up to...

Cute boy in his snazzy new church outfit. Thanks Grandma H!

Deer caught in the headlights.

Cayden has been on a ball kick lately. He walks around the house all day saying "bawl" and anything that is round is a ball. The other day while eating some peas at lunch Cayden picked up a pea in each hand, held them up, and said "bawl." I laughed so hard!

Playing with mom's boots. I frequently find toys, stuffed animals, and other random things shoved in my boots.

Hee hee. Crying because he couldn't get out of my boots. Seriously, this kid and boots and crying. Are they really that scary? However, last night we had a mini breakthrough... Cayden walked around the entire time in the grocery store wearing his boots. No crying. No walking with stiff legs either. Perhaps we're getting somewhere.

My cute boys and their matching ties. Love it. They have two, the blue one pictured and a red one. I seriously think it's adorable. Thanks Grandma B!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Wanna hear a funny "ball" story? I was holding Owen several months ago (actually, it was probably back in May or so), when his hand happened to land on my chest. He turned around, totally surprised, and said "mommy, you have a ball!". I try to keep him from doing that in public. :)