Friday, December 5, 2008

Big News!

Well, actually only one of these things is big news and the others are just, well, little news.

1) Chad and I are having a baby! Holy bananas! We are so excited! The baby is due on July 5th which Chad is very excited about since his birthday is the 6th. I know it's kinda early to tell everyone (I'm only 9 1/2 weeks), but I was so excited I couldn't wait any longer. :) This is the big news by the way.

2) We are still looking for a place to live. We have found a few hopefuls, but they don't allow cats and I really don't want to get rid of Weechee. However, I am starting to come to terms with the fact that I might just have to. Sad day. So, if you know of anywhere that allows pets and that is currently renting... please let me know!

3) I met a very grumpy man that was mean to me while driving back to Utah from Colorado after Thanksgiving. We stopped in Laramie because I really had to go to the bathroom (I know, it hadn't even been two hours, but give me a break). I went into the gas station and right inside the door - like you could have ran into him - was a really old man. He asked what I needed and I said that I would like to use the restroom. He then proceeded to tell me that unless I was buying gas I could not use the bathroom. What?! Are you kidding me?! I was thinking, "I'm pregnant and I'm about to pee my pants." He was very adamant and would not let me go to the bathroom. We ended up going across the street and used another gas station's bathroom, which by the way did not make me buy gas. Isn't that just insane? I mean seriously.

My sister and co-worker later suggested two things that I should have done when the man told me that I couldn't use the bathroom... 1) Pee my pants on his floor. (Thank you Jesseca.) Which by the way would have been very disgusting, but would have taught him a lesson. 2) Hand him a quarter and then buy 25 cents worth of gas and then go use his bathroom. I wish I would have thought of this at the time. Oh well.

7 comments:

m said...

I am so so happy about your baby.
Here's the deal with the bathroom thing...I get tough as nails when I'm pregnant. Example, going to a movie with friends and carrying my own drink in. They say, "But Maryam, the worker won't let you..." I say, "I would LOVE to see a zitty greasy 16 year old try to pry this drink out of my thirsty pregnant hands."
I would have applied my attitude problem in your bathroom situation. "Sir, I would love to see you stop me." I know it goes against everything we are taught as good Mormon girls...but I am convinced pregnancy like a badge of courage in sticky situations. love m

Courtney said...

How exciting! Any names yet... I know as little girls we always choose names when we are like 5.

beckster said...

AMBER!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! HOORAY!!! Sorry, I'm just HOLY BANANAS EXCITED! Congrats!!!

Jackie said...

Yay! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Finally, you're telling people. So much fun. I love you, Amber. And, Chad, I am not fotgetting you. I love you too. You're my favorite eldest brother. lol.

Maryam, I love your comment. I thought it was very funny.

=)

Will & Amy said...

Congrats on the baby news!! I will pass that bit of info onto Will.

Shannon said...

Yay!!! Congrats. I'm so happy for you!