Monday, June 23, 2008

Longboarding and the Beach

I decided the other day that I wanted to learn how to longboard. Chad was quite excited to teach me and so we set out. I think I prevented myself from getting anywhere near pro by wearing flip flops. I mean what kind of person wears flip flops when they are longboarding!? Anyway, I am not half bad. I only fell once, but scraped my leg and foot up. However, they are sweet battle scars as well as proof of my adventure.

After longboarding for a bit, Chad and I watched the sunset at the beach, played in the waves, and dug for sandcrabs. Apparently Chad has never dug for sandcrabs before so I taught him how to recognize where to dig and then we dug! He was so surprised at how by simply moving one handful of dirt you could find 20 sandcrabs! And it was a little gross to bury your feet in the sand and feel the sandcrabs moving all around and under you. Yuck!

A cute little canal we passed as we were walking to the beach.

Never turn around when your husband says, "Hey dear." Especially when you know he has a camera. Oy.

Proof of my mad longboarding skills. I am quite proud of myself. And yes, I am wearing Chad's shorts. :)

Playing in the waves.

Pretty sunset.

This is a cool picture. I climbed on Chad's back and he bent over, so the camera was pointing up towards the sky.



No comments: