Thursday, June 26, 2008

LA Temple


This morning Chad and I went to the LA temple. Since I start work at 9am each day we have to go ridiculously early (which is why I look so dang tired in the picture) in order to be able to go through a session and have some time afterwards and not feel rushed. I woke up at 5:35am and woke Chad up at 5:50am. We left by 6:20 hoping to make the 7am session. It turns out we did make it there by 7am, but the sessions run every hour on the half hour! Apparently we misread the card. Lol. However, because I had 45 minutes before the 7:30 session started I was able to do some initiatories. I haven't done initiatories since I took out my own endowment; it was good to be able to do that again and be reminded of the potential we all have.

The session itself was great! I didn't know this before, but the LA temple has you move into different rooms - just like a live session, except it's not live. The artwork was beautiful and to be honest, I really enjoyed moving to the different rooms.

The temple truly is an amazing place and I am so grateful for the spirit that can be felt while there. Not every time I go to the temple do I feel like a great big brick of revelation has hit me square in the forehead, but I am grateful for the things that I have been taught while there and for the whisperings of the spirit that help Chad and I guide our life together. *sigh* I think I just wish I could live at the temple. :)

No comments: