Thursday, January 22, 2015

Big Changes!

Where do I even start? Chad graduated in December with his Master's in Information Systems from the University of Utah. Hooray, hooray, hooray!!! In early December he was offered a job with VISA as a Systems and Process Improvement Analyst. Feeling that it was the right thing for our family (it also didn't hurt that it was a significant pay increase as well as Chad's dream job), we accepted the job. The catch? It is based in Denver, Colorado.

We spent the month of December and first week of January packing and moving from Utah to Colorado. We bought out the lease on our apartment, loaded everything up in a 24' Budget truck (who knew a two bedroom apartment could hold so much stuff?!), made the long trek to Colorado, unloaded everything into a storage unit, and moved in with my parents. We'll be living with my parents temporarily while we buy a house.

The kids have adjusted pretty well. Cayden switched schools without any issues and now happily rides the bus to school each morning. It's a bit ridiculous how excited he is to be riding the bus. We're still looking for a house, so in the mean time Chad has an hour and a half to a two hour commute each way depending on traffic. It's a bit brutal, but we're very grateful to my parents for letting us live with them.

So let's see...

Graduating with Master's? Check!
Accepting dream job? Check!
Moved to Colorado? Check!
Buy a house? In progress...

I think we've covered all of the big life changes we've had as of late. I'm hoping that things start to settle down a little bit in the near future.

My big boy riding the bus for the first time. He was so excited! I can't believe he's getting so big. It makes me sad.

Waving to mom before the bus drives away.

No comments: