Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reupholstered Piano Bench

When I got lucky enough to be given a piano a few months ago I was never too fond of the bench cover. It looked a little worn and had a bum dent in it. And I really wasn't digging the black leather with the brown piano. So I got the genius idea to reupholster it! I've never done anything like this before so I was sort of winging it, but I did get lots of input from family. I finally finished it this last week and absolutely love it! No more bum dent and no more black leather!

Before:

After (and so much better!):
(We didn't sand and stain the bench a different color, the lighting is just weird.)

I love how much brighter and fun the fabric makes the bench. It even matches some of the colors I have going throughout the house. I liked the fabric so much that I decided to make a pillow for my couch out of the leftover fabric.

I love how the fabric brightens up the room as opposed to the dark red we had going on.

1 comment:

Krysta said...

That's so pretty. I like the fabric choice.