Thursday, September 19, 2013

Growing Up

I had a moment the other day where I was watching my kids eat lunch and realized just how big they're getting. Cayden is four going to turn five in less than a year (ok, really close to a year, but still). He's super smart and active, has a crazy imagination, talks incessantly, and drives me absolutely bonkers. Most of the time he is so sweet and loving towards Laura. And Laura. She is no longer my little baby anymore. She sits at the table and eats her food like a big girl and has all the attitude and sass to go with it. I swear she went from baby to toddler overnight. While it is so exciting to see my kids grow and learn and develop, it also makes me sad. I wish I could keep them tiny and sweet forever. I wish I could just cuddle them all day and never let them grow up. How I am going to miss these two when they eventually get old enough to go to school and leave me all day!

Laura totally thinks she's a big girl. She's very into accessories - this particular day it was Cayden's church shoes and daddy's hat.

Even though she had her own hamburger, she wanted some of Chad's. I swear that thing is almost as big as her head!

Big girls throw tantrums too. This has been an all too frequent occurrence at our house lately. I swear this girl is 1 going on 16.

Picnic lunch. These pictures especially make Laura seem so grown up to me.

No comments: