Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Corn & Carrots

Cayden has never really taken an interest in eating corn so when we eat it for dinner I usually cut some off of the cob for him and consider myself lucky if I get him to eat a small bite or two. This past Sunday we went up to Chad's parent's house for dinner like we always do on Fast Sunday. Along with dinner we had corn on the cob so I took half an ear and cut the corn off. To my surprise Cayden inhaled the corn and asked for more. After eating one bite of everything else on his plate I took another half an ear and cut the corn off. Once again Cayden inhaled the corn and asked for more. This time I told him he had to eat everything on his plate and then he could have more corn. Just a few minutes later Cayden had eaten everything on his plate and asked for a "big corn" (i.e. the cob of corn, not the corn cut off the cob). Assuming that everyone knows how to eat corn on the cob I gave Cayden some corn and went back to eating. I glanced over seconds later to see how he was doing and discovered him gnawing on the cob of corn like you would a carrot. I quickly explained and showed him how to eat corn on the cob. Cayden did much better after that, but still managed to take several more bites out of the cob. Gross.

Just an FYI... don't assume that everyone knows how to eat corn on the cob. :)

All the corn Cayden ate.

Close up of the ear he gnawed on. See that huge bite out of the cob on the left (and the upper right too for that matter)?!

***

Laura started "real" baby food this week (something other than rice cereal). So far she seems to be doing great! I found that if I thicken up the baby food with a tiny bit of rice cereal she has a much easier time eating it. So, without further ado, Laura's debut with carrots.
 This is actually before the carrots, but I just thought she looked so cute!

"What the heck?!" Love this face!

No comments: