Monday, May 10, 2010

A Wonderful Mother's Day

Cayden and I were on our way home from a trip to Colorado yesterday morning (a very exciting way to start out Mother's Day... I know...) and couldn't wait to get home and see Chad. When Cayden saw his daddy he started kicking his legs and smiling; he practically jumped out of my arms into his daddy's. So cute. I wasn't anticipating doing much for Mother's Day other than just being with my cute little family, however, when I got home I discovered the following:

1) the best "welcome home" sign ever...


2) one dozen beautiful roses and a sweet card from Chad...


3) this necklace with a "c" for Cayden that I have been wanting for quite a while!


Best welcome home/Mother's Day surprises ever! Later that night Chad made us a delicious dinner of steak (yum!), twice baked potatoes, and rolls. (I didn't mention this to him, but he did leave out the vegetable. Men.) ;)

It was a wonderful day and I feel so lucky to have Chad as my husband. I also am extremely blessed to be able to be Cayden's mom. That little boy has taught me so much in such a short amount of time. The past ten months I have been Cayden's mom have been the best and hardest ten months of my life; I wouldn't trade them for anything. Being a mom has shown me that I can love someone more than I ever thought possible. I love my husband and I love my sweet little boy.

2 comments:

m said...

That is so awesome. Glad we got to see you!

Unknown said...

Cute sign! That's why my brother is the best! I love you, Chad! :)

P.S. Amber and Cayden, I miss you two. Feels like I haven't seen you in ages. But really it has only been a month. lol.