Wednesday, February 4, 2009

AA = Almost Anemic

I went to the Dr. yesterday and he had the results from all the blood work that was done... apparently I am almost anemic. He said that the range of iron that I should have in my blood is 32-43ish (percent, mg, I don't really know). Anyway, I was only .5 above the very minimum and the Dr. said that if I don't increase my iron level I wasn't going to like what would happen. Now, in addition to taking my prenatal vitamin and other supplements each morning I also get to take an iron supplement. Hoowah.

Maybe this is part of the reason I have been so tired and prone to headaches the past few weeks...

4 comments:

m said...

And guess what those iron supplements will do to your poo... not pleasant.

MAF said...

Eww, iron supplements made me soooo sick. Like, puking my guts out. That's why I had to have IV therapy for the last couple months I was pregnant - I was 'pumping iron'. :) Just hope you don't have to do that, cause it wasn't so much fun. The people at the IV therapy center were sooo nice, though.

(-Nicki, posting in Matt's account)

Unknown said...

Amber, I have been having headaches too. Although I think mine are due to the horrible air quality that we have been having.

Rachelle said...

dude! that sucks. actually the only reason i am leaving you a comment on here is because i wanted to tell you that my little niecephew looks like a human! yay. now at least it won't end up being a lizard or something like that. :) i love you!